NOB HILL MAIN STREET’S RECENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Since forming in August of 2009, Nob Hill Main Street has been working hard for our community. Below is a list of our accomplishments to date.
• Created Nob Hill Nights which promotes the unique and diverse aspects of Nob Hill and its many businesses.
• Created the first annual Route 66 Days and Night event which will bring five unique venues into one large, summer celebration of Central Avenue, Nob Hill and old Route 66.
• Created and attracted new relationships and the interest of compatible organizations and potential sponsors who want to participate in the revitalization of Nob Hill.
• Created and distributed informational materials such as maps and brochures for visitors and residents.
• Created new branding and images for Nob Hill’s identity.
• Created an updated website which serves Nob Hill the business district, the neighborhood and Main Street.
Thank You! We want to extend its gratitude to all of the participants, spectators, volunteers, and Nob Hill Merchants for making the 2012 event such a success! Click HERE for Parade Winners!
• Worked with the City of Albuquerque to install the The Urban Forest Project. The tree themed banners created by local artists will find a second life after they are removed by being recycled into tote bags auctioned for charity.
• Worked with the City of Albuquerque on new, improved, pedestrian and motorist friendly light poles.
• Nob Hill Main Street worked closely with City Traffic and other officials to install an additional traffic light at
Wellesley and Central.
• Higher density “pocket” parking has been created out of certain side streets like Amherst.
• Conversion of public alleys into attractive running and walking paths off the main streets!
• Nob Hill Main Street Art Walk will soon place educational art installations at significant locations
throughout the district.
• Nob Hill Main Street commissioned an UNM Anderson School of Management survey, Part 1, which analyzed business owner concerns and captured demographic information.
• Nob Hill Main street commissioned UNM Anderson School of Management to develop a 5 year business plan.
• Work has begun to establish a Business Improvement District with the collection of all property owner data within the area.
• Work to develop an Entrepreneurial Incubator in the District is underway.
• Working with Sandia National Labs to complete a feasibility study for
alternative energy utilization and conservation in the area.
• 501( C ) ( 3 ) Corporation papers have been filed and accepted.
• The Board of Directors has
been finalized and approved
• Nob Hill Main Street has met New Mexico Main Street’s first year requirements for an Emerging Organization.