AN ECONOMICALLY VIBRANT COMMUNITY IN THE HEART OF ALBUQUERQUE
• 253 Businesses - 46% retail,
48% service related (including restaurants) and 6% non-profit.
• 91% of businesses have been
operating in Nob Hill for 5 years or more.
• 60% of Nob Hill’s website visitors are from out of state.
• 16,507 people or 7,858 households reside within a one mile radius of Nob Hill.
• Daytime population is 10,717.
• University of New Mexico main campus has 26,000 students (2009) plus 9,485 faculty and staff.
• 75% of Nob Hill is under age 54.
• Estimated average household
income is $66,566.00.
AN HISTORIC COMMUNITY WITH CHARACTER
• 5 of the 6 subdivisions of Nob Hill were platted between 1916 and 1931.
• 90% of homes in these subdivisions were built prior to World War ll.
• Two subdivisions, Monte Vista and A College View Historic Districts are listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
• Central Avenue retains many of its Route 66 era commercial buildings in
• Neon signs, many original or recreated in the style of the era are still on display.
AN EXCITING CULTURAL COMMUNITY
• First Friday Arts Scrawl
• Local, live theatre venues
• Local musical venues
• Albuquerque’s only independent art cinema
• Proximity to the UNM’s Performing Arts venues
• Film festivals, parades & street events
COMMUNITY FOR LOCALS AND TOURISTS
• Ethnically diverse restaurants including: fine dining, healthy, pub, grub and upscale bars with some featuring local wines & beers
• World class shopping
• Trendy fashion, beauty salons
• Antiquities and art galleries